Wednesday, January 6, 2010

On New Beginnings

January 6th, 2010: A Later Start

I got a lot of positive commentary about my previous blog. Enough, in fact, that when December began to roll around again, I thought about the upcoming Winter Term and our training trip and thought to myself, "Hey, why don't I catalog my thoughts on this trip as well?"

Since I so eloquently explained the purpose of this blog last year, I will simply repeat the opening information I provided then:

My name is Daniel Holm, and I am a Senior History Major at Oberlin College, a liberal arts school located closest to Cleveland, Ohio. More importantly for this blog I am a member of the Oberlin College Swimming and Diving Team, a Division 3 NCAA team that, like most other NCAA teams, goes on a training trip to somewhere warm during the winter months. We are like wealthy retirees this way.

The purpose of this blog is to detail not only my expierences of the Oberlin Swimming and Diving Team's 2010 trip to Key Largo, Florida, but to generally create a more detailed understanding of the entire training trip process for those of us unlucky enough to never be able to take such a trip.

This will be facilitated by (hopefully) daily updates in which I will write about a certain aspect of the training trip expierence, whether it be the actual swimming, the accomodations that we live in, activities we do besides swimming, or the minutae of living with your teammates.

This blog will hew very closely to the format of last year's one, with a few exceptions:

I forgot to bring a camera. Oops. Photos will, hopefully, sporadically appear thanks to the generosity of my more prepared teammates.

I will attempt to write updates in the evening, and not in the afternoon. Due to this, updates will cover the previous day instead of the previous morning/evening cycle. This may change as the trip goes by.

Comments, of course, are more then welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment